If you’re considering working for PowerON – or even just idly checking out the competition – you’re probably interested in our benefits offering.
Our view on benefits has always been that they should support wellbeing and your life outside work.
For 2023 onwards, we’re taking that up a level!
Our offering is based around the PowerON Benefits Triangle, covering core ‘security, wellbeing and career’ benefits, time away from work, and an adjustable ‘my life’ flex package.
We believe that everyone should receive a core level of support and security, be supported in time away from work throughout the year and in a range of life stages and have the luxury of choice in their additional benefits. So, what does this mean – what do you actually get?
Core ‘security, wellbeing & career’ benefits
All employees have access to:
- Annual salary reviews, usually in October
- Life assurance, paying 4x basic salary
- Income protection insurance
- A personal healthcare cashplan, allowing you to reclaim the costs of a wide range of everyday healthcare, with minimal P11D impact
- An employee assistance programme, including access to confidential counselling
- Shopping discounts portal, helping you save money on everyday spending
- Two pensions options, allowing you to choose the option that’s best for you in your current life stage.
- Access to funded, industry-recognised professional certifications to progress your career
- A salary sacrifice electric vehicle leasing scheme, giving savings of 30-60% on standard lease arrangements.
Time away from work
- You’ll start on 25 days’ holiday (or the full-time equivalent if you work part time), increasing to 28 days per year over time.
- You can flex this, from your first full holiday year onwards, by buying or selling up to 3 days per year.
- You can opt in to a flexible bank holiday allowance to reallocate 2 days per year to religious festivals of your choice.
- Everyone is also entitled to 2 volunteering days per year, bookable through the HR system to allow you to give something back to a cause of your choice.
- Our paternity leave offers 2 weeks at full pay, followed by 2 weeks at the statutory rate.
- Maternity or adoption leave is paid at 3 months (13 weeks) full pay, followed by the remaining 26 weeks at statutory rate
- Sick pay is 5 days at full pay and 3 days at half pay during probation, increasing to 15 days at full pay and 5 days at half pay (in a rolling 12 month period) after probation.
Your adjustable ‘my life’ package
Everyone is different – so we’ve designed our adjustable ‘my life’ package to reflect this. From the end of probation, all employees have a personal benefits budget, to spend on benefits of their choice from a flex menu, including:
- Private medical cover with associated gym discounts and other rewards, via Vitality Health
- Dental cashplan, allowing you claim back the full range of dental treatment costs
- Upgrades to the healthcare cashplan to cover your partner, or to increase your cover level
- Subscriptions to make your life nicer and save you some cash – this year, including Calm, Headspace, Strava Premium, Spotify Premium, Tastecard, National Trust membership, Balance+, and Xbox or PC Game Pass
- Making a donation to our employee-selected charities – this year, York Mind, BEAT Eating Disorders, Diabetes UK and Stonewall
- Adding funds to your pension
We hope that everyone will find something in this package to appeal, whether their priority is healthcare, saving for the future, or enjoying subscriptions that they might not otherwise be able to justify paying for!