Technical Support Team Leader
What's the role about?
And in more detail?
The Technical Support Team Leader is a split hands-on and team lead role, with time split approximately 50/50, although this will vary from day to day. Our technical support team provides internal and customer support, including the delivery of tasks within our managed desktop service. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of technical apprentices, and providing second line support. In addition, you will hold overall responsibility for managing the administration and support of our cloud based infrastructure and devices. Frequent tasks for the team include end user support, software deployments, automation of repeatable tasks, performing device maintenance, upgrades, and configurations. As the technology is ever-changing, you will need to take a proactive approach to driving your own and your team’s evolution and skills.
What does the Technical Support Team Leader do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Acting as second line escalation point for service support engineers, from a technical and customer relationship perspective, including:
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Researching questions using available information resources
- Creating knowledge base (KB) articles and training support staff
- Advising users on appropriate action
- Creating, maintaining and following standard Service Desk standard operating procedures
- Logging all Service Desk interactions
- Agreeing and monitoring the prioritisation of requests received through the IT Service Desk, to ensure that tickets are resolved in an appropriate order.
- Developing and maintaining processes and systems to ensure that the team works effectively, efficiently and meets contractual SLAs.
- Utilising and maintaining Fresh Service, our service desk system, to manage tickets effectively, and to develop and produce relevant management information, including trend analysis to identify and resolve recurring issues.
- Supporting the team in identifying the correct resources where issues need to be escalated further.
- Creating a team training plan and driving activity to ensure that all team members are up to date with changes to internal and external products.
- Ensure all risks are identified and managed in accordance with our Information Security Management System.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Strong people management skills, with a focus on motivating and developing your team, including apprentices at an early stage of career development.
- Experience of effective operational management, e.g. creates efficient processes, prioritises and monitors team activity to ensure processes are followed effectively.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Takes ownership for resolving escalated issues and liaising internally to access additional support as required.
- Analytical, with experience of producing pragmatic management information to support decision-making.
- Customer-focused, understands how to deliver customer satisfaction whilst achieving the best outcome for the business.
- Manages and resolves conflict effectively.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
Key Technical Skills
- Windows Desktop (7, 8.1 & 10)
- Windows Server (2008 R2 through to 2019)
- Mobile Devices (Windows Phone, iOS, Android)
- System Center Configuration Manager
Desirable Technical Skills
- Microsoft Intune
- Enterprise Mobility Suite (Azure AD, Azure App Proxy, Azure Rights Management)
- Office 365
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
3rd December 2019
Solutions Delivery Director
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.