Senior Technical Support Engineer
What's the role about?
And in more detail?
This role will provide design, implementation and support across a defined range of Microsoft solutions for the Modern Workplace specialism, using expert-level skills in Windows 10 and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr). Role tasks will range from discovery, design through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment and product solutions along with operational development and support of customer environments. The role has a strong focus on knowledge transfer to enable an operational readiness state for the internal PowerON Support team.
What would a Senior Technical Support Engineer do?
- Lead remote alignment workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document the customers’ requirements and recommendations, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Document process and procedures for implementing solutions and for ongoing customer environment support.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within your speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising your technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality.
- Perform basic customisations to the solutions within your speciality work streams, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Perform more advanced customisations where planned and scoped as possible in advance, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Provide deep technical awareness and support across all Modern Workspace areas related to a managed customers environment with a view to keep the environment operationally working and introduce enhancements to streamline operations and provide efficiencies.
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft and PowerON solutions within the Modern Workplace work streams.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Act as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk.
- Provide input into the ongoing development and enhancement of PowerON solutions via the Product Development Team.
What skills and Knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A consultative approach and strong organisational skills
- Experience of delivering Windows 10 Deployment and Management engagements within an enterprise environment, with expert-level knowledge of Windows 10.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Modern Workplace, with recent deployment experience of System Center Configuration Manager and Intune at enterprise level along with the other components of the Enterprise Mobility + Security suite – expert-level ConfigMgr knowledge is a must.
- Strong relationship building skills and a business focus, with the ability to understand and express business priorities as well as technical requirements.
- A proven understanding of the delivery requirements and timescales of services offerings.
- A focus on customer service and satisfaction.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/services offerings develop.
Everyone is responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
- Timely engagement/project status reporting into the project management system
12th March 2019
Chief Technology Officer
£40,000 – £50,000 Based on Experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.