New Business Team Leader
What's the role about?
And in more detail?
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can. As a New Business Team Leader, you would carry a personal target, and lead the Business Development team to drive new business, cold-calling and following up leads to build customer relationships, develop and qualify opportunities, and close business in partnership with the sales team. This position is well suited to individuals with drive and determination, looking to develop already excellent communication & people skills.
What does a new business Team Leader do?
In this role, you will:
- Achieve your own target through focused prospecting, identifying and driving opportunities, and working with pre-sales resource as necessary to close sales.
- Drive your team’s target achievement and activity against agreed KPIs.
- Coach team members to develop their prospecting and sales skills.
- Support prospect profiling and call planning to ensure that call volumes and call quality levels are achieved.
- Qualify and drive your opportunities to forecast and close business effectively.
- Own and validate the pipeline for your team, ensuring that opportunities are created and updated within CRM, and that team members are focusing on the right activity to develop their opportunities.
- As team members develop an account base, drive proactive account management and partner engagement to create new customer opportunities and leads.
- Update CRM with all customer details and activities, updating sales opportunities to support sales forecasting.
- Process sales orders and complete handover of engagements to the finance and delivery teams within PowerON
- Work closely with Marketing to drive campaigns and event engagement / follow-up.
- Keep regular contact with converted customers to support a strong customer experience and help ensure the customer is aware of PowerON’s capabilities.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable previous success in a technology-focused new business role.
- Experience of managing a sales team, ideally in new business.
- Resilience and determination, with the ability to persist with new business development.
- A commitment to coaching team members to further improve their performance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to drive activity in accordance with a sales methodology to achieve KPIs and hit a team target.
- Relationship building and customer management skills
- Strong ability to learn and communicate product and service knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
10th December 2019
Sales and Marketing
£45k + commission
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.