Technical Delivery Consultant
Overview of PowerON
We are a fast paced and quick growing company with a true Unique Selling Point that has enabled us to have a competitive advantage and deliver a better experience to our customers. Working with a clear focus on the solutions we provide, we deliver capabilities across End User Computing, IT Service Management, Digital Datacenter and Unified Backup & Recovery. Across these key workloads we have created a range of our own specialist intellectual property that help us accelerate and enhance the delivery of these solutions, whilst retaining a strong commercial profile.
We are continuing our investments in our product capabilities releasing a major new SaaS monitoring platform based on the Microsoft Monitoring Framework, and continuing expansion of our automated deployment platform Kamino. We are additionally investing in developing a managed service practice focusing on our core strengths and leveraging our products and consulting skills to deliver this. This will be a growing area of focus over the course of the coming years and falls under what we refer to as our SmartTeaming Services.
If you want to know what other people think of us – we are a Microsoft Gold Partner in Multiple Competencies and are positioned as one of the top partners for EM&S, Win10, Azure and Hybrid Infrastructure. This gives us access to a variety of programmes and funding support to assist with driving business with customers, and is one of the things that makes us an exciting place to work.
Overview of Role
This role will provide consulting across a defined range of Microsoft solutions for your specialism areas. Consulting tasks will range from discovery and solution alignment workshops, design planning and creation through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment and product solutions. The role has a strong focus on knowledge transfer to enable an operational readiness state for the customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead on Solution Alignment workshops, analysing the customer’s current maturity and toolsets and assessing their requirements to allow the production of short, medium and long term strategy to deliver business change and value.
- Lead design workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document, to a low level, the recommended design, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising their technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality
- Perform basic customisations to the solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Perform more advanced customisations where planned and scoped as possible in advance, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams
- Troubleshooting customer issues
- Acting as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk
- Provide input into the ongoing development and enhancement of PowerON solutions via the Product Development Team
Key Skills & Subject Matter Expertise
Key Technical Skills
- Always On VPN
- Direct Access
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft EM&S
- Office 365
- Networking (firewalls, proxy, routers)
Key Personal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Good Documentation Style
- Self Motivated
01 May 2018
Technical Solutions Director
£45,000 – £65,000 Based on Experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for this postion or know someone who might be, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and CV.
Please note that PowerON are an equal opporunities employer. Applicants should direct engage though the below as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.