What's the role about?
And in more detail?
This is a broad role providing technical pre-sales and consulting services across the Modern Workplace specialism. Consulting tasks will range from discovery and solution alignment workshops, design planning and creation through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment and product solutions. In addition, our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can. As a Principal Consultant, you would be working closely with this team, acting as the technical lead and owning the technical scope of the customer relationship and opportunity throughout the sales process, to ensure that opportunities are maximised and closed effectively.
What does a Principal Consultant Do?
For 50% of your time you would:
- Lead on Solution Alignment workshops, analysing the customer’s current maturity and toolsets and assessing their requirements to allow the production of short, medium and long term strategy to deliver business change and value.
- Lead design workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document in detail, the recommended design, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising their technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams
- Act as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk
For the other 50% of your time you would:
- Support the qualification and development of opportunities by working alongside the relevant Business Consultant and delivering technical briefings to the customer as needed.
- Lead the solution scoping by providing technical scope and validation of the solution, based on your understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Work with the Business Consultant to support the development of the business case.
- Ensure solutions and services are technically scoped correctly with accurate delivery timeframes.
- Engage technical stakeholders to ensure proposals meet customer needs.
- Complete technical requirements and scope as identified, documented and updated to ensure that opportunities are closed as forecasted.
- Own and drive technology solutions, and maintain hands-on knowledge of technologies.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and Knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A consultative approach and strong presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment and Management within an enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Proven success in an IT services
- Strong relationship building and business acumen skills, with experience of presenting at C-level.
- Demonstrable technical skills, with an understanding of the delivery and timescales of services offerings.
- Motivated and self driven.
- A team mentality, using the resources around you effectively whilst taking overall responsibility for developing and closing opportunities.
- The ability to understand and articulate the business benefits of our product/service offerings, to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
Everyone is responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
22nd October 2018
Technical Services Director
Solutions and services
£55,000 – £75,000 Based on Experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.