Head of Sales
Whats the role about?
And in more detail?
The Head of Sales is responsible for resourcing and managing the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that sales targets are achieved. There are three critical success factors in this role – namely, achieving sales targets; maintaining and growing sales capability; and leading a marketing strategy (via the Head of Marketing & Alliances) which achieves optimum digital engagement with our customers and prospects.
What does the Head of Sales do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Owning and leading the Sales team to achieve the sales target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Developing a direct sales motion via new business prospecting, to complement our existing partner sales model.
- Developing and applying a PowerON sales methodology to achieve a scalable approach to selling our solutions.
- Driving effective pipeline management to ensure that opportunities are accurately qualified, forecast, and progressed through the sales process to close.
- Providing timely and insightful reporting on sales performance vs forecast and target.
- Through the Head of Marketing & Alliances, ensuring that a robust marketing strategy is developed and delivered.
- Promoting a team mindset which enables all elements of the sales and marketing teams to work together to deliver and follow up effective campaigns.
- Managing individual team members, including 1-to-1s, appraisals, and development planning in line with the PowerON guidance.
- Contributing to target and budget planning, in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Managing Director, and ownership of the Sales P&L.
- Planning and allocation of account patches, taking into account strategic priorities, verticals and other relevant factors.
- Driving effective engagement with partners, including ownership of partner relationships where appropriate.
- Managing development of sales collateral, collaborating with others to ensure collateral is available as needed and fit for purpose.
- Contributing to the definition and development of our offerings from a commercial and sales messaging perspective.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
Key Skills & Subject Matter Expertise
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A proven track record of sales leadership within a successful sales team.
- Strong people management skills, with a coaching and development
- A good understanding of solution selling techniques, with experience of leading teams to success with this methodology.
- Adaptability and flexibility, with the drive and desire to build and grow a thriving sales team.
- The ability to deliver under pressure.
- An understanding of the value of accurate forecasting and pipeline management, and experience of driving this behaviour in practice.
- A background in IT services, ideally in the Microsoft Modern Workplace, with the aptitude and ability to learn new technologies and service offerings as necessary.
- Credibility, or the ability to build credibility, within our sector, and experience of operating successfully at C-level.
A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
12 November 2018
£65,000 – £75,000 Based on Experience + £30,000 OTC
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.