Whats the role about?
And in more detail?
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can. As a Business Manager in this team, you would act as the commercial lead and key account manager, owning the customer relationship and opportunity throughout the sales process, to ensure that opportunities are maximised and closed effectively. You would also engage partners and internal resources as necessary.
What does a business Manager do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Understanding and fulfilling your responsibilities at each stage of the sales process.
- Generating customer and partner interest in our propositions through campaign planning (with Marketing), creating discussion guides and developing relevant collateral such as presentations.
- Prospecting via regular contact with your key accounts, and through partner engagement, including initiating and holding a quarterly review with all key accounts.
- Supporting the qualification and development of opportunities by working alongside the relevant pre-sales resource, and delivering business briefings to the customer as needed.
- Contributing to solution scoping by providing commercial validation of the solution, based on your understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Working with the Pre-sales resources to support the development of the business case.
- Engaging the customer business stakeholders to review proposed commercials.
- Negotiating commercial arrangements and managing the key deal engagement to ensure that opportunities are closed as forecasted.
- Developing customer relationships from first contact to key account status.
- Owning and driving your own pipeline and forecast in accordance with business requirements, to achieve your personal target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and Knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Proven sales success in an IT services environment across consultancy services and product sales.
- Demonstrable sales experience and methodology in qualifying, developing and negotiating IT consultancy and product opportunity sales.
- Strong relationship building and customer management skills, with experience of operating at senior IT management and C-level.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills, with an understanding of commercials and timescales of services offerings.
- Persistence and tenacity.
- A team mentality, using the resources around you effectively whilst taking overall responsibility for developing and closing opportunities.
- The ability to understand and articulate the business benefits of our product/service offerings, to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Modern Workplace technologies or a structured plan for how you would develop this knowledge if you were appointed.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft engagement and partner models for productive relationship building and effective commercial opportunity generation.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
All employees are also responsible for:
· Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
· Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
· Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
· Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
18th December 2018
Sales & Marketing
£30,000 – £50,000 Based on experience
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.