We’ve been deploying Always On VPN solutions for many years, and over time we have received a lot of feedback about the manageability of the solution.
These issues were recently compounded by the Microsoft recommended solution for excluding traffic from AOVPN forced tunnel connections (a common requirement in government scenarios). While there is a script that will automatically modify the XML file, this must be run and then deployed to all clients potentially weekly to keep up to date with Microsoft IP address changes.
This creates a large burden on IT staff who really want to be working on improving the business, not just keeping the VPN working.
Seeing these issues, PowerON developed the Dynamic Profile Creator (DPC) service. This is a Windows service which runs on each client device. It receives configuration via group policy (or other tools which support registry configuration) and generates the profile automatically on the device. This enables easy administrative management, dynamic Active Directory based group management, automatic updating to Office 365 routes and more.
AOVPN DPC is designed to provide the following benefits:
- Consistent profiles
- Always up to date
- Profiles Updated on Disconnect (ensuring minimal user interruption)
- Office 365 Exclusions are updated automatically and without admin interaction
- Graphical Management Experience
- No XML creation required
- Manage through Intune or Group Policy
- Full help documentation of options
- Supports all common configuration options (Including Custom Cryptography)
- Easy deployment
- Simple EXE or MSI deployment
- No scripting required for deployment
- Profile changes are handled automatically without redeployment of client
If you’re interested in more details, I’ve also created a video where I walk through the installation process.