Digital Marketing Executive
What's the role about?
And in more detail?
The Digital Marketing Executive will work within the Marketing & Alliances Team to drive and deliver impact via digital marketing and social media. This is a broad role, with the opportunity to collaborate across the business to source content, and add your marketing sparkle to it, ultimately contributing to growth of the PowerON brand, and new customer attraction. The Digital Marketing Executive has responsibilities across digital marketing campaigns, social media presence, website optimisation, content production, and webinar/event coordination.
What does a Digital marketing executive do?
In this role you would be expected to:
- Proactively drive strategy and planning, including:
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to sales and brand promotion.
- Design and implement creative marketing strategies to disseminate content.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Produce a social media strategy, and collaborate as needed to deliver it
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments
- Orchestrate digital content strategies across all online platforms.
- Measure the results of marketing activity to inform future marketing campaigns.
- Manage and maintain our website, including:
- Write and optimise content for the website and social networking accounts such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing time spent and improving conversion
- Continually work on website Search Engine Optimisation, implementing SEO best practices.
- Fix any errors or bugs in online content
- Develop your technical understanding to a point where you can:
- Sense check and develop technical content produced by others
- Write copy for email marketing campaigns
- Work on printed material to supplement online products
- Create and post videos, podcasts and audio content to online sites
- Select the best platform for different types of content.
- Arrange webinars and webcasts
- Attend our events and ensure relevant content for digital is captured
- Oversee pay per click (PPC) ad management
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. Writing blog posts may well be an integral part of the job
- Speaking skills: These will mainly be deployed internally. You will need to be able to explain coherently to others, who may not be familiar with the medium, how digital technologies work and what their marketing application is
- Video editing skills: Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well
- Project management skills: Digital marketing executives also need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines
- Knowledge of Global Markets: EU & North America
- Basic Graphic skills: Be comfortable with the Adobe Creative Suite
- High attention to detail, proactivity and a positive attitude.
- To be able to combine your creative approach with a pragmatic approach to planning and delivering a strategy.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
7th November 2019
Head of Marketing and Alliances
Sales & Marketing
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.